2018 CDPI Conference
A Celebration of Success
Keynote Speaker: Anthony Juliano
"Success and Social Media"
Friday, May 18, 2018
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST
Indiana Tech Fort Wayne
1600 E. Washington Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN 46803
“Success and Social Media”
Social media provides one of the best opportunities for career development professionals to connect with students. However, it can be a challenge to cut through the clutter and motivate students to take action. In this engaging, interactive session, social media and higher education expert Anthony Juliano will provide you with unique ideas designed to ensure that you stand out. You'll learn about what resonates with your audience--and what doesn't--and why it's so critical to find and amplify your unique voice. Ultimately, you'll learn how using social media to help your students reach their goals is the most certain path to reaching your goals.
Anthony is vice president/general manager at Asher Agency and the president and founder of Point Six Four Consulting and Training. An experienced trainer, writer, and marketing and communication strategist, Anthony approaches his work with one simple goal: to help others understand our changing communication environment. Anthony has worked with a wide variety of colleges, universities, and student groups to tell their stories, connect with their audiences, and reach their goals. He also teaches college classes in communication, marketing, productivity, and social media and serves on the Indiana Tech Alumni Association Board of Directors and Strategic Plan Task Force. Anthony is a graduate of Salem State University, Indiana University, and--of course--Indiana Tech. Anthony lives in Fort Wayne with his wife and son.
Session 1: 10:10 – 10:55
- Achieve Your Maximum Potential
- Parallel Planning for International Students: Alternative Career and Visa Options
- Successful Onboarding: Perspectives from Three New Career Coaches
- For the Students, By the Students: the Role of Peers in Fostering Professionalism and Self-Reflection
Session 2: 11:05 – 11:50
Theme: Academic affairs/Structural frameworks
- Teach Them to Fish: A Four-Year Career Development Program for Business Majors
- Streamlining Success: Indiana State University Career Center and the College of Technology
- Career Centers Influencing the Curriculum with Help from our Faculty Friends – Faculty Externs
- Connect, Collaborate, Create: Centralized Career Center with a De-Centralized Internship Program
Session 3: 1:25 – 2:10
Theme: Programming and Events
- Career and Alumni Partnerships: Creating Meaningful Student-Alumni Engagement Opportunities
- Introducing Off-Campus Experiential Learning through the Career Development Perspective
- Connect, Empower, Succeed – How a Cross-Departmental Collaboration led to a Speed Networking Sensation
- Gamifying Career Development Concepts
To reserve your hotel room at the CDPI discounted group rate, follow the Courtyard Marriott's event link here.
Join us for pre-confernce events:
Pre-Conference Workshop: Marketing and Branding for Career Services: How to Build Awareness on Campus and Help Your Students Shine - Learn more and register here!